Pa-ree Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Review


Recently I went a little wild on the Australis website and ended up buying the complete collection of the Velourlips Matte Lip Creams, and have since been completely obsessed with them. So, I've decided to do a series on my blog where I break down each colour in depth with it's own blog post. After I have finished reviewing the complete collection I will then post a swatch and review video on my YouTube channel (YouTube.com/EmilyCharlottte).

So... without further a do todays colour is 'Pa-ree'.


Colour - I have been wearing this colour almost everyday (sometimes with a bit of lipgloss over the top and sometimes without). Pa-ree is the perfect everyday nude with a brown undertone. I find that it doesn't give off that 'concealer-look' lip, but instead compliments my NW22 skin tone.

Scent/Taste - It's very rare to find a lip product with a nice smell but I loooooove the scent of Pa-ree it smells very sweet and it has a pleasant taste too.

Pigmentation - I am so impressed with Pa-ree's pigmentation, you only really need one (or sometimes two) application as the formulation is extremely opaque.

Formula - Pa-ree glides onto the lips very easily as it starts off as a thick, lipgloss type formula. However, when it is on the lips you feel it dry up into it's matte finish. I didn't find the finish to be overly drying (like some make it out to be) and sometimes go a whole day just wearing Pa-ree by itself, but I tend to wear a gloss over the top as I prefer the feeling of moisturised lips rather than matte (although I love the look of matte!).

Staying power - Pa-ree lasts until I drink or eat, pretty much. I find that I do need to reapply during the day, but that's pretty standard with any lip product.

Price vs quality - The price ($9.95) is absolutely exceptional for the quality you get. The quality of Pa-ree is (and I know what I'm about to say is a HUGE statement) extremely comparable to the high end market of this type of lip product.

Wear it with - I generally like to wear Pa-ree with MAC's Sublime Culture lip liner and usually wear MAC's Double Happiness over the top which adds an extra dimension and colour to my lips.


I hope you enjoyed this in-depth review of the Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in Pa-ree. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Lots of love, Emily x x x



*This blog post has not been sponsored. All statements are my own and honest opinion.



0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram | @emilyoldfield

Twitter | @emilycharlottte

Contact

emilyenquiries@hotmail.com