Rio-D Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Review



Recently I went a little wild on the Australis website and ended up buying the complete collection of the Velourlips Matte Lip Creams, and have since been completely obsessed with them. So, I've decided to do a series on my blog where I break down each colour in depth with it's own blog post. After I have finished reviewing the complete collection I will then post a swatch and review video on my YouTube channel (YouTube.com/EmilyCharlottte).

So... without further a do todays colour is 'Rio-D'.



Colour - When I first put Rio-D on I was actually quite overwhelmed by how bright it was. The best way I could explain the colour is that it is a fluorescent orange with red tones. Although it is quite a nice colour next to my NW22 skin tone, I find this quite hard to wear as it is a very daring colour and would only generally wear it if I was feeling like making a huge lip statement!

Scent/Taste - It's very rare to find a lip product with a nice smell but I loooooove the scent of Rio-D it smells very sweet and it has a pleasant taste too.

Pigmentation - I am so impressed with Rio-D's pigmentation, you only really need one (or sometimes two) application as the formulation is extremely opaque.

Formula - Rio-D is a thick, lipgloss type formula that glides onto the lips slightly streaky. You will need to spend a little extra time (with a steady hand) to build up the colour and ensure that the product is evenly spread over the lips. Also, when it is on the lips you feel it dry up into it's matte finish. I didn't find the finish to be overly drying (like some make it out to be) but as this colour requires it to be built up, with quite a lot of product on the lips, it can become slightly drying. Tip: If you don't want the look of a gloss over the top but still prefer the feeling of a moisturised lip rather than matte... apply some lip balm over the lips before applying Rio-D and you will find the product less drying on the lips.

Staying power - If you have spent that little extra time building up Rio-D on your lips (please refer to the formula paragraph) then I find that having more product on the lips = much longer staying power! I find that I do need to reapply during the day, but definitely not as often when the product is thicker and built up on the lips.

Price vs quality - The price ($9.95) is absolutely exceptional for the quality you get. The quality of Rio-D is (and I know what I'm about to say is a HUGE statement) extremely comparable to the high end market of this type of lip product.

Wear it with - Wear Rio-D by itself or (as you can see in the photo below) you can put a clear gloss over the top, which seems to add an extra dimension and colour to the lips. In the following photo, I am wearing the Napoleon Perdis Lip Lacquer in Clearly Glam. I am also wearing Mac's Beurre lip liner which completes the lip look nicely.



I hope you enjoyed this in-depth review of the Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in Rio-D. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Lots of love, Emily x x x



*This blog post has not been sponsored. All statements are my own and honest opinion.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Instagram | @emilyoldfield

Twitter | @emilycharlottte

Contact

emilyenquiries@hotmail.com